Whereas, You have inspired the modern civil rights movement by refusing to give your seat to a white man in opposition to the laws of the day in Montgomery, Alabama on December, 1 1955. Whereas, Your arrest for said act of defiance not only lead to the ascension of the young pastor of Dexter Avenue Baptist Church, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., but the end of legal segregation; Whereas, Your lifelong example of grace and courage under fire has made you an inspiration to freedom-loving people everywhere; Whereas, Your legacy is "the pursuit of Peace, Justice, Equality, Love and a fulfillment of what our lives should be"; I Proclaim that on this date, October 25, in the year of our Lord 2005, You are now and forever, the Mother of the Modern Civil Rights Movement for all people who yearn for freedom from the tyrannies of this life. Thank you for your life of sacrifice and may you rest in peace. Bloggers: La Shawn Barber , Michelle Malkin , Vodkapundit , Outside the Beltway , P...
SCAR Letter #12: The Drift Wound — Claim Before She Can Choose Listen. Women don’t walk up to you and say, “I want you.” That will never happen. A woman puts herself in your space and waits to see whether you recognize what she’s showing you. When I was in training, there was a classmate — let’s call her Mia . We had known each other for years. We always ended up studying together. We always drifted to the same side of the room. We always found excuses to talk. She didn’t “just happen to be there.” She was choosing proximity. I didn’t know that at the time. One week she owed me a small bit of money. Nothing big, just enough that she remembered it. I told her to bring it to my place. Not because I needed the money. Because I wanted to see her. She said she would. She walked in my door with no hesitation, no awkwardness, no hovering at the threshold. She stepped straight ...
"There is another class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs -- partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs." Booker T. Washington (1856-1915) Mr. Washington saw Jesse, Al and Cynthia's arrival one hundred years ago. Wikipedia: Biography
Comments